Prologis (NYSE: PLD), the global leader in logistics real estate, today announced its commitment to achieve net zero emissions across its value chain by 2040. The company also released its annual environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance report.
"Prologis has always been ambitious in our sustainability efforts, and our new net zero goal is no exception," said Prologis Co-founder, CEO and Chairman Hamid R. Moghadam. "We're proud of the support we're providing our customers in achieving their sustainability goals. Prologis continues to be an industry leader in finding innovative ways to decarbonize our operations."
• Net Zero Ambition – We commit to achieve net zero emissions by 2040 for our entire value chain covering scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
• 1 GW of solar generation capacity (supported by storage) by 2025
• Carbon neutral construction by 2025
• Net zero for operations by 2030
• Emissions Reductions - Since 2019, we have been carbon neutral for our Scope 1 and 2 emissions, and we have decreased our Scope 3 emissions 38% from a 2016 baseline.
• Solar Leadership - Our goal is to build 1 GW of solar energy capacity, supported by battery storage, by 2025.